Design & Build of Sh.Milandhoo Major Roads
15 July 2021
Sh.Milandhoo is an inhabited island located in Shaviyani atoll, 235.12 km north of capital city, Male’. It is one among fourteen inhabited islands in Shaviyani atoll. The government of Maldives have been developing the roads of islands in different regions of the Maldives in order to prevent flooding and provide the residents of the islands safe and convenient roads to carry out their daily movements in the islands
- Detailed design of the roads including a storm water management system for the proposed roads.
- Construction of sidewalk including construction of drainage gutters, provisions with junction for future utility lines, construction of tree pits, curbstones, and paving of sidewalk using interlocking zigzag blocks.
- Construction of Asphalt wearing course including the application of prime coat.
- Installations of road markings including lane lines, road shoulder lines, zebra crossings using thermoplastic paint.
- Installation of speed Breakers and road sign boards.
- Installation of road lights with foundations including installation of all electrical cables required for the road lighting.